Sasquatches love crafts
Bunnies love crafts too
Bunnies love crafts too
Crafty Wonderland
Portland's Art + Craft Extravaganza

Application Tips!

1. DO YOUR HOMEWORK!
Not every craft fair is going to be the right fit for your work. If you haven’t had a chance to come to one of our shows in the past, take some time exploring our previous vendor lists, peruse our flickr pool, and peek at our facebook page to see if this looks like the right venue for you.

2. SUBMIT IMPECCABLE PHOTOS!

Often, all we have to base our decision on is the 4-5 photos or website link you submit with your application. Make sure your product photos are in focus, well lit, and really show off your work! If photography isn’t your forte, have a friend help you or do a trade with someone who will make your products look like superstars. If you’re submitting a website, make sure your inventory is up-to-date with the types of items you wish to sell at the sale. It doesn’t help us when we reach an empty Etsy shop or a blog where we have to scroll way down to figure out exactly what it is that you make.

3. FOLLOW DIRECTIONS!
Please read all instructions carefully and be sure you are following the directions provided in filling out your application and paying your application fee. When you don’t follow directions it creates unnecessary work for us and makes us cuckoo.

4. EDIT YOUR OFFERINGS!
We love that you’re so crafty that you make 10,000 different types of things, but that doesn’t mean they will all look good together in your booth. And it confuses the jury to see so many different types of products in your application. For example, if you make soap, jewelry, clothing, wallets and art prints maybe choose 2 of those media where the products compliment each other the most and apply with those.

5. IF SHARING A BOOTH, CHOOSE YOUR MATE WISELY!
We understand the motivations behind wanting to share a booth, but we do caution you to choose your partner wisely. You will be juried as a pair, so the quality and style of your work will be looked at together. This means that the your product lines should make sense together and have a similar aesthetic. We also advise against sharing with a jewelry maker. At least half of our applicants make jewelry – it is by far the most competitive category – so sharing with a jewelry vendor may lessen your chances of being accepted unless their work is mind-blowingly awesome.

13 comments

1 Christine Eshelman { 11.30.12 at 4:57 pm }

I JUST found out about this at work today and I am already obsessed. Cannot wait to attend next weekend and maybe just maybe be a part of this next year!

2 Nilda Garcia { 02.16.13 at 12:28 pm }

I design mini Pocket Dress also Coats . Cell 646 226 1629 Thank you ,

3 Nilda Garcia { 02.16.13 at 12:33 pm }

Am excited to work and see all the different craft artist.

4 Nilda Garcia { 02.16.13 at 12:36 pm }

Looking forward to the event.

5 Donnielle O'Neill { 03.12.13 at 12:15 pm }

I just found out about this event and hope to come to this years sale and to hopefully be accepted to sell at next years with my handmade fabric orchids.

6 Mary Beth Denney { 03.24.13 at 12:00 pm }

Would love to feature Origami Owl at your show, Please let me know if something comes up

7 Katie { 06.17.13 at 1:03 pm }

I love buying holiday inspired crafts during the holidays!

8 Candice Sahagian { 07.12.13 at 9:19 am }

I create pictures for children starting with a blank canvas, then I design a theme using all different textures. Most of my pictures have animals in settings, farms, jungles, riding hot air balloons, picnicing, and over 200 more. Every one is unique and I use different size canvas so prices according to that and amount of characters, design and difficulty the art piece took to make. I would be honored to be among other local artist/craft designers to show my work, and see all the other wonderful crafted pieces made. You can view my work on my websight, or go to Etsy under kids. I hope I get the opportunity to display my art, because it makes you smile and is perfect for any little boy or girls room. Thank you
Sincerely, Candice Sahagian (503) 679-4960

9 Marleen Carroll { 09.10.13 at 1:07 pm }

I own a beautiful little yarn and bead shop in Aurora OR. I teach classes and sell hand made items.

10 Leticia Enquist { 09.16.13 at 8:01 am }

I just found out about your show through another vendor and she thinks that I should be part of the show I’m looking forward to some an application for next year if I know it’s probably too late now everything I do is one of a kind .I’m a ceramic artist

11 xbox live gold gratuit { 02.25.14 at 10:45 pm }

Hmm itt looks luke yopur blog ate my first comment (it was extfremely long) so I uess I’ll just sum
it up what I submitted and say, I’m thoroughlpy enjoying your blog.
I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to everything.

Do you have any points for newbie blog writers?
I’d definitely appreciate it.

12 Louisa { 03.04.14 at 9:38 pm }

Please let me know if you’re looking for a article writer for your blog.
You have some really good articles and I feel I would be a good asset.
If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d
absolutely love to write some articles for your blog in exchange for
a link back to mine. Please shoot me an email if interested.
Thanks!

13 gaining weight { 03.20.14 at 3:50 am }

What’s Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve
discovered It absolutely useful and it has aided me out loads.
I hope to contribute &help different customers like
its aided me. Great job.